Photo by Ed Anderson
I love gingersnaps. We happily ate them growing up, but Mom never thought to use them in a recipe! This is a pretty, light, and fun dessert, perfect for a summer brunch or ladies' lunch.
- 8 servings
- 2 1/2 cups heavy cream
- 6 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- Zest and juice of 1 lemon
- 1/2 pint fresh raspberries
- 24 packaged gingersnaps
- In a medium bowl, beat the cream with a hand mixer until soft peaks form. Set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese and confectioners’ sugar with the lemon juice and zest. Beat until creamy and well blended. Add the raspberries and use a rubber spatula to smash and stir them into the cream cheese mixture. Gently fold in the whipped cream.
- Line a 9×3-inch loaf pan with a sheet of parchment paper long enough to hang over the sides (this will act as a sling to lift out the cake when it’s ready to serve).
- Arrange 8 gingersnaps in a single layer in the bottom of the pan. Spread one third of the filling over the cookies. Repeat this process twice with the remaining cookies and cream, making three layers in all.
- Chill in the fridge for at least 6 hours, and preferably overnight. When ready to serve, lift the cake out of the pan and cut into slices.