Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Olivia Mack Anderson
These moist, easy muffins rely on mashed bananas and flaked coconut for sublime texture and tropical leaning flavor.
- Makes 8
- Active Time
- 10 minutes
- Total Time
- 45 minutes
- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 very ripe bananas, mashed (3/4 cup)
- 1 stick (1/2 cup) unsalted butter, melted
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla
- 3/4 cup sweetened flaked coconut
- Special Equipment
- a muffin tin with 8 (1/2-cup) muffin cups; paper liners
- Put oven rack in middle position and preheat oven to 375°F. Line muffin cups with liners.
- Whisk together flour, baking powder, and salt in a bowl. Whisk together bananas, butter, sugar, egg, vanilla, and 1/2 cup coconut in a large bowl until combined well, then fold in flour mixture until flour is just moistened.
- Divide batter among lined muffin cups and sprinkle with remaining 1/4 cup coconut. Bake until muffins are puffed and golden, about 25 minutes. Transfer muffins to a rack and cool slightly.