Photo by Chelsea Kyle, Food Styling by Olivia Mack Anderson
Wheat germ lend a good dose of vitamins (and boosts the nutty flavor) in these deliciously addictive kid-friendly muffins.
- Makes 12
- 1 3/4 cups all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup toasted wheat germ
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup mashed ripe bananas (about 3 medium)
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1/2 cup chunky peanut butter
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 1/4 cup (packed) dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Line 12 muffin cups with muffin papers. Stir first 4 ingredients in small bowl to blend. Using electric mixer, beat bananas, honey, peanut butter, eggs, oil, sugar and vanilla in medium bowl to blend. Beat in flour mixture. Divide batter among muffin cups.
- Bake muffins until tester inserted into center comes out clean, about 20 minutes. Transfer muffins to rack; cool.